Red Rock Sound C1-Alpha is stereo and mono audio signal dynamic range compressor and is a stripped-down version of the C1-L1 Vintage Compressor.
C1-Alpha has distinctive sound allowing its usage not only for technical purpose of dynamic range compression but also for artistic sound coloration.
C1-Alpha besides main dynamic range compression module also contains limiting module, which allows controlling peaks passing through the compressor, also supports «parallel» compression and M/S operational mode.
When control signal reaches threshold the compressor C1-Alpha immediately and very fast starts to lower the signal level slowing down by exponential law.
C1-Alpha is not an emulation of any hardware or software compressor. But due to its exceptional characteristics of its audible results, it can be compared to the following well-known compressors: Tube-Tech CL 1B (on «lead vocal») and Fairchild 670 (on «master buss»).
- Attack mode: «alpha»;
- Saturation mode: «ratio»;
- Softness of compressor characteristics control;
- 7 operation modes: mono, double mono, mono with external side chain signal, mid channel, side channel, M/S, linked stereo;
- Pre or Post Limiter;
- Internal Dithering;
- Parallel compression;
- 4x Oversampling and 64-bit floating point processing;
- External Side Chain;
- Gain Reduction CV Output.